One way that Orchard Village supports children and adults with disabilities who live at home is through the Home Based Support Services (HBSS) Program. HBSS is funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services. The program offers grant funds which individuals may use to purchase services that will allow them to maintain home living while working to reach personal goals. Each client enrolled in the HBSS program must have a service facilitation agency. Orchard Village can serve in this capacity and accepts both children and adult HBSS recipients throughout the year.
- Personal support (Orchard Village uses both the agency model and the consumer directed model for personal support workers)
- Developmental training, adult day care and supported employment
- Training and counseling for unpaid caregivers
- Behavioral intervention and behavior counseling
- Adaptive equipment, assistive technology, vehicle modifications and home accessibility modifications
- Occupational, physical and speech therapy